January 24, 2013 Update: My new book: IAM Quick Start Guide: Master IAM Basics in 3 Hours or Less is here! It’s been a while in the making and I’m excited to finally be bringing it to you. Many thanks to everyone who has been asking about the next book. Yes, it’s been entirely too long since the last one. Well, wait no longer!
But “WAIT” you say! “What’s in it for me?” “How much does it cost?”
Fair questions both. First, a few “what’s in it for you” benefits:
- Learn IAM Basics in 3 Hours or LESS. Really. The primary focus of this book is to give you all the info. you need to be an active, key member of any IAM program team — quickly. At over 200 pages, it’s not a casual book. But it does read quickly and has lots of hyperlinks for easy navigation and ongoing reference. Understand why — and just as importantly, why NOT — to embark on an IAM program.
- Build your IAM career — or take an existing one to the next level. There is a whole section on getting into the field of IAM and building a rewarding career. Or, maybe you’re on the client side of the table and want to catch a glimpse into IAM consulting’s inner workings. Either way, this is a must-read section.
- Learn how and where to focus limited time, budget, and resources in any IAM program. Hint: many companies still do this all backwards and pay the price. Your company won’t be one of them after reading the IAM Quick Start Guide.
- A solid mix of both new and “classic” IAM topics, delivered in an easy-to-follow way. Clouds? User-centric identity? RBAC? Sunrise/Sunset? Policy enforcement points? Rules vs. policies? Attestation? Account claiming? Black boxes? Got all that and much more.
- Always have it with you for quick reference. On your phone, your tablet, e-Ink, desktop (via Calibre, web browser plugins, or any number of EPUB readers) — or other e-reading device. IAM Quick Start Guide is designed to be an ongoing learning and reference tool.
- Amaze your co-workers and your friends! After reading the IAM Quick Start Guide, you will know more IAM than 95% of people in the industry.
The price?* IAM Quick Start Guide* is available for only $27.00 USD.
Check out the video for a live demonstration and tons more information about the book:
“Tell me more!” I hear you saying. Here are some of the key features:
- Pages? Lots. The EPUB version on my iPad comes in at 232 pages.
- Format? Two formats for the price of one. Buy once, and receive a zip file that includes both MOBI and EPUB eBook files. Read either or both on multiple devices. Your choice.
- 15 of the top reasons for IAM programs.
- 24 answers to some of IAM’s biggest questions. (23 major questions, one minor question.)
- 95 definitions — many of the Glossary entries are full-length articles by themselves.
- Coverage of our famous “IAM Six Stage Model”.
- Instant download — Be “IAM’ing” your mind in just a few minutes from now.
- Lifetime updates — All major and minor updates to the “IAM Quick Start Guide” are yours free. Please be sure your email address is accurate when purchasing. We will use that address to notify you whenever updates are available for download.
- And much more.
Maybe you’ve around IAM a long time. Even a really looonnnnngggg time like me, and thinking “but, what would I need a ‘Quick Start’ guide for?” I dare say even savvy veterans will find a few new things here. Certainly some different perspectives on IAM’s biggest questions. To download your copy right away, click the big orange button:
Looking for the “summed up — give it to me quick view”? Try this:
- 232 EPUB Pages (as rendered on an iPad 2)
- Download includes both EPUB and MOBI to support any major e-reader, including Kindle, Kobo, Nook, iPad, iPhone
- 23 major questions answered
- 95 IAM terms defined
- 15 reasons for IAM programs explained
- Six Stages of IAM
- Free lifetime updates
- Instant download
- Written by a 24+ year business IT veteran with 18+ years of IAM
- Only $27.00 USD
Wishing you massive success in your current and future IAM Programs!
– Best regards, Corbin