How Much Will it Cost to Start a Consulting Business? – CLS013
Awesomely-direct question this week: Duarte asks simply “How much will it cost to start my consulting business?”
I have a couple different perspectives on Duarte’s question. First, because the actual Dollar / Euro / Pound / amount you’ll need depends wildly on several factors. I’ll get into those in today’s episode.
Second, because it’s a question that can actually get in the way of just starting. Especially if you already have the expertise you’ll be offering into the marketplace, tools, know-how, etc.
If you’ve been wondering exactly WHAT it costs to start coaching or consulting, this is your episode. I’ve covered the pieces and parts before, but today it’s getting specific. You’ll walk away with near-exact (“near”, because a lot depends on where you are and what you’re trying to do) planning numbers.
We’re going to get into all of today, so let’s just jump in!
What You Will Learn
- What assumptions you must have in place, before exploring the “how much will it cost?” question.
- Consulting vs. coaching—how much hands-on work will you be doing with the client?
- The minimum list of things you need to start your consulting business (the list is shorter than you think…)
- How little money you really need to get started. I’ll break this down into actual, live amounts you can use for planning.
- Your suggested homework for the weekend!
- The Corbin Links Show on iTunes
- Join the VIP List—Remember, The Corbin Links Show is only the beginning!
- Do I need a business when people are paying me?
- Who is your real client here?
- 7 Steps to Owning Your Own Consulting (or Coaching) Business
- Ask a question and get featured on an upcoming episode of The Corbin Links Show