It’s the height of political campaign seasons here in the states, and what better time to dive into the world of business and client office politics.
I’m a firm believer in the old adage of keeping religion and politics out of business discussion.
BUT—business and office politics themselves are a different matter. Many of us would rather not deal or “play” politics at the office. And if you ask most organizations today, they’ll insist their companies “aren’t political.”
But the fact is, wherever you have people and multiple interests in the same place, you have politics. And as consultants, coaches, and service providers, we’re exposed to client politics if we spend any real time with them.
What’s more is we may even be awkwardly brought into the middle of political project or turf battles between competing projects and departments.
So today I’m sharing 7 Strategies for Winning Client Office Politics. This episode has been a long time in coming and I’m super pumped to share it with you.
Let’s dive in!
What You Will Learn
- What client office politics are, why they are, and where they are
- Two must-read books to learn the ins, outs, and time-honored truths of business and office politics
- The single most important asset which can make—or break you—politically (office politically that is…)
- How and how many client interviews you need to get the full picture
- 7 client and battle-tested strategies to navigate (and win) in the roiling see of client office politics
- And of course…more of everything…
- Episode: Is Your Mouth Costing You Money?
- The “Bobs” from Office Space (short clip on YouTube – language warning)
- “The 48 Laws of Power” by Robert Greene
- “The Prince” by Niccolò Machiavelli
- Get bonus “hidden” episodes of The Corbin Links Show plus f-r-e-e business-boosting training
- Subscribe to The Corbin Links Show never miss a single episode