Bonus Questions and Actions episode today!
The first question is from Rachel, who asks if she needs good credit to build a business.
The other is from Roman who wants to know if he should bother with a Dun and Bradstreet “DUNS” number.
Both great questions, and closely related!
Business credit is a concern for us all, whether just starting out, or you’ve been in it for years. It’s a huge topic, but I’m going right for the heart of the matter today.
The topic of general business credit and Dun and Bradstreet are so tightly linked, especially here in the States and elsewhere that it makes sense to cover both in the same place.
What You’ll Learn
- Do you need business credit at all? If so, how “good” should it be?
- 3 Ways to Build Business Credit NOW.
- How does Dun and Bradstreet play into the mix?
- Do you need a data universal number system or DUNS number? What is it anyway?
- And so much more.
- Dun and Bradstreet – DUNS Registration
- IRS EIN / TAX ID Registration
- Prosper.com — Funding alternative. Connects businesses and people wanting to lend them money. I haven’t personally used it, but have heard some good things about it.
- Kickstarter.com – why take on loans, debt, or sell out your equity? Kickstarter and it’s many variations has two important benefits:
- Validate your market and business idea (see Episode XYZ about business validation)
- Get funding just for a particular project. Spot-fund your idea, movie, product.
- How much does it cost to start a coaching or consulting business?