I was recently chatting with a coaching client who asked me about tech skills. She didn’t consider herself very computer literate or technically savvy, and wanted advice on what tech skills to focus on. It’s a great question, and something I’ve been meaning to talk about for a while.
Today is that day!
There are literally endless business and tech skills to learn when starting and running your own business. I’m cutting through the clutter and focusing ONLY on those tech-related areas you need right now.
FYI, this is NOT by a complete list by any stretch of the imagination. But, it should get the ball rolling.
What You Will Learn
- The Top 10 Tech Skills Consultants and Coaches Need NOW
- Walkthrough and explanation of each skill in detail
- Proven tool and training recommendations for skills, productivity, and business automation
- A bonus for action-takers who listen and take notes to this episode
- The true killer office and business app (still!)
- Huge list of resources
Let’s do it!
I covered a TON of resources and suggestions on today’s show. The following list is far from comprehensive, but should get you started quickly:
- Want a head start on a lot of this stuff? Computer security, CRM, automation, and other things are covered in one place at: Coaching Profits Intensive
- Morning routine and journaling—classic episode
- 5 Power Strategies for Business Cost Management – CLS042
- Boosting Productivity With Markdown
- Google Analytics Academy
- Michael Hyatt’s Excellent Introduction to Markdown post
- Nice resource to wrangle the basics of copywriting:
- Lifehacker Top Security Basics
- Great resource for a quick learn of CRM basics
- Clicky: Easy-to-use Google Analytics alternative
- Ulysses 3 (MAC) – Get your Markdown on!
- Scrivener (PC and MAC)
- Lynda.com for Microsoft Office-related training (Excel, etc.)
- Browser task automation—iMacros for Firefox (In my mind, one of the biggest reasons to consider Firefox in the endless Firefox vs. Google Chrome debate…)
- Zapier—tie your backend business services together
- IFTTT—automation recipes for your business, communications, and social media
- Zoho Invoice
- Pixelmator—powerful image editing on the Mac (it’s not Photoshop, but probably close enough…)
- Final Cut Pro X—Video editing for Mac
- Accounting Coach (nice free training and low-cost monthly access as well)
- The FAQ or help section of your favorite tool, such as Zoho Invoice (one of our premier tools)
- Zoho CRM—companion to Zoho Invoice
- Adobe Cloud: Photoshop / Audition (Audio) / Premier Pro (Video) and a bunch of other apps for one monthly rate.
- How to Write a Good Advertisement – by Victor Schwab
- Tools for a killer morning routine
- The Corbin Links Show on iTunes
- The Corbin Links Show on Spreaker